I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

F R I E N D S



For as long as I can remember, the fellowship shared everything.

Stories..

Secrets..

Laughter..

Broken hearts.

So when we found friendship in each other, that by some miracle, fit us but not so perfectly.. We took it on faith they'd come into each other's lives for a reason.


That summer and the two that followed.. The friendship had the magic of keeping us together. No matter where they found us. They saw us through times of love.. Times of loss.. and times of change. And those moments where your life just lift up.. and take off.


That fall when we left for college, I watched each of my friends settle into a new life.


ISA and CHRIS became Blue Eagles @ ADMU. BEL was @ distant UPLB, but thankfully for sophomore year she was able to transfer campuses and now with VEN @ UP diliman.. While JO is being modern @ iAcademy, JUS took culinary @ CCA but stopped for a sem and joined JAM @ DLSB the next. We were proud of EL for being a Dean's Lister @ UST. and IAN, enjoying theater @ DBTC.



They made it look so easy, fitting right in and making new friends.. While I was at UPjr waiting to feel something real or familiar. I was lost without them, especially when it felt like my family was moving on too.


I believe the fellowship can survive anything. But maybe our friendship had done just about all our friendship could do.. and the rest we had to learn on our own.


How to become ourselves, without losing each other. *


Sometimes I think that the friendship got lost on purpose.. That this was their final gift to us..

Bringing us back together. Back to a place of forgiveness and love.. and an understanding that we shared was all the magic we could ever need.


And as we spent those last few moments of togetherness.. Looking out at the blending of mirth and new experiences.. I realized it was a sight I knew very well: The softly faded essential face.. of a well - treasured fellowship of FRIENDS.


The friendship had brought us together again.


The rest.. was in our hands.

1 comments:

Samantha Coronado said...

"They made it look s you have a way with words.o easy, fitting right in and making new friends.. While I was at UPjr waiting to feel something real or familiar. I was lost without them, especially when it felt like my family was moving on too."

you have a way with words. haha. nung una ko binasa to di ko nagets. anyway yeay nagbblog ka na madalas. :]

Post a Comment