I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, March 14, 2010

friends, lovers, or nothing..


Music, such a distinct force that can touch our emotions and express our lives. The one thing I turn to. The one thing that I can truly say I love. Thus last Christmas, when I was broke but still wanted to give my friends a meaningful gift.. I thought "why not a compilation CD."

Last year, a friend gave me one and until now I still listen to it. Music can be an unbreakable pillar on life. Something we turn to and sometimes even rely on. So I decided to make one for my friends.

Here's what in it:

1.Come undone (acoustic version) - jackson waters
2.Crazier - taylor swift
3. Defying gravity - glee cast
4. Flightless bird, american mouth - iron & wine
5. Heartbeats - jose gonzalez
6. Honestly - bethany joy lenz
7. Irvine - Kelly clarkson
8. Kindly unspoken - kate voegele
9. Never say never - the fray
10. Quicksand - bethany joy galeotti
11. Sana Ako'y marinig - zoe sandejas
12. Say it again - marie digby
13. Taking chances - glee cast
14. The call - regina spektor
15. True - ryan cabrera
16. Where I stood - missy higgins
17. Your call - secondhand serenade
18. You're breautiful - james blunt

Yes, with matching cover art. Which is badly edited might I add. Why "friends, lovers, or nothing"? I'm not entirely sure myself.. With all the mixed feelings and just that sense of inspiration, it just poofed out of my mind.

Distributed by my (still) fictional label: Red Gate Records.. All came out fine, but with limited funds I was only able to give out a few copies to my girl- friends.

Months later, I still find refuge on my CD. A light out on the bickering dark. I could only hope that it does the same for my friends. I'm listening to it right now, looking for that same feeling of fate and inspiration when I was making it for my friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment