I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Give Love a Try..


“Three words, eight letters, say it and I am yours.” Everyone has their own definition, in every sense of the word. For me: “Let’s just forget thinking and follow our hearts. “

The first time I indulged myself in agreeing to a date with a girl crushing on me was in 5th grade. I remember the innocence and reluctance in the air. Lunch dates, just kids hanging out. The only girl I was really into back then was this cute girl who has an amazing voice & a great singer. Because I enjoyed our friendship so much that I didn’t want to mess it up, I didn’t mention anything about how I feel. Unfortunately for high school I had to transfer, so we part ways.

In high school, nobody really came closer to my heart than her. But there were a few who came knocking. One though was almost there, she was also a singer. (What’s up with me & musicians?) Clip notes version: We connected through music. We played & sung a few duets. Maybe was a little into each other. But guy was a clueless jerk, so girl moved on. In the end, they just became friends with a bit of awkwardness. Then the rest of high school was just a couple of dates with nobody special.

Years after grade school, I accidentally ran into my childhood sweetheart in an ice cream shop my friends & I hangout. We we’re both like “Whoa. Hey.” Then a warm embrace. It’s like as if we never parted. Emotions I thought long forgotten, returned that very moment.



Ever since I saw her then, I couldn’t get this song out of my head:

“You, like driving on a Sunday..

You, like taking off on Monday..

You..

You’re like a dream, dream come true..


I.. just a face you never notice.

And I.. just trying to be honest with myself.

With you..

With the world.


You might think that I am a fool for falling over you.

So tell me what can I do to prove to you that it’s not so hard to do.

Give love a try, one more time..

Cause you know that I’m on your side.

Give love a try, one more time..”



Then I just got all mopey when I saw her shout out, pics & status, that she already got a boyfriend.. I should have known. Someone as special as her, of course. Now I know she had moved on, guess about time I should too. But she'll always have a special place here in my heart.

Now back to regular dating, nothing special.. Hoping to meet a great person waiting out there, taking a break from friends with benefit..




0 comments:

Post a Comment