I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 23, 2009

Improvise..


When faced with an unexpected debacle.. A pop quiz, last minute speech or presentation.. Meeting a rival, enemy or having an awkward moment with a person on the road. Unlike some people who walk away nor the people who would spend a whole lot of time thinking what to do.. I usually improvise. A spur of the moment act without previous preparation or acting upon extemporaneously.

But when you say improvise, it’s been more of a work ethic for me than an only on the spot thing. Give high school for example, had smooth sailing. Never really remember a time when I studied or prepared for an exam, presentation & project days before the due date. Challenging but fun. I had a different sense of high every time I would do projects just hours before passing it, then ending up with a higher grade than my classmates who took their time. It was quite fulfilling.

That improvise attitude made me a laid-back, happy go lucky, sort-of rebel, kind of person growing up. The peak of my rebelliousness was junior & senior year, quite memorable. I would usually talk back & defy my teachers, especially in math. I would talk negatively about his activities, openly talk back in front of the class, & every time he would make me miss an exam: I would just draw, talk with my seatmates & make a ruckus while everyone is taking the exam. Bottom line: after all of that, got away with it. With the teach giving me quite a grade and passing the subject.

Last year of high school was fun. Senior year, I had loads of tardy days. I would usually make quite an entrance during the middle of class, late. When late during morning assembly, the prefect would usually make us run or doing some stuff out on the public: like sprints, jumping rope, etc. What a fun-filled experience to end high school. Lawless like an outlaw.

Usually I got away with all of it with the teachers & prefects because I cultivated my ability to be a smooth talker (As my English teach said, I am a good bluffer) I am able to IMPROVISE a good excuse, explaining myself quite spectacularly, bluffing myself out of the situation.

Years later, improvising is still a thing. Got me out of some tangled situations. When meeting people on the road, dating..(rejection is not quite accepted by most of ‘em) so bluffed myself out before things got icky.

Stuck? So Improvise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment