I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Friday, December 18, 2009

reD gaTe..


Since I've been a kid, I'm not only forced to take music lessons by my music teach at school but also my mom. But to my great regret now, I ditched all of them. Piano, Drums, and voice..

So you know that I'm musically inclined. Or at least by blood now, runs in the family. A brother and his wife are both music professors at the UP college of music, and my mother's really a good singer.

So now, I only linger with the thought that "I could've been" this really cool and awesome musician by now. Garsh. Well, we couldn't change the past now but only make a better future.

I've always been told that I have a good voice. period. Only potential. But With raw & untrained talent alone, is insufficient. So professional musician, crossed out.

Lately I've been into the recording business. A new dream spured. Red gate records. A dream of starting my own record label. I may not be a good musician now, but I still do love music. I can start a new path in helping others develop their talent and produce their music into the world for people to listen, enjoy, and help make a difference in their lives.

So why red gate you may ask, because ours is one. Quite meaningful for me, back then when I was this scrawny and rebellious kid from puberty's past. I've always been kept behind that gate for years and I only had my music to keep me company. Now I am grown up and able ,both physically and by right to either go in and out of that red gate.

Maybe I can takeover my brother's music studio someday, or better yet.. Start from scratch and build a better one. In our lives, there are risks we just gotta take. For in a world so full of potential and uncertainty, we all just gotta step up and take a chance.

2 comments:

Nitin said...

thats awsome bro, i am a musician myself, and just like you i left a lot of instruments and my classical vocals unfinished.. i was going to start all over, All the best for the record label.

jonas guadalupe.. said...

thanks dude.. yeah, hope one day it'll all work out.

Post a Comment