I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 31, 2009

new year, new you..

Looking at the mirror now, makes me see how much I've changed over the past year. I see myself anew, a shadow of what once was. I see triumphs and accomplishments. But I also see regrets and mistakes.. Decisions, If hadn't made, I wouldn't be the person I am now.

09 was an eventful year. Filled with unexpected twists & ironies. But most especially for our age group, debuts.. They have been a tradition in the Philippines, whenever a girl turns 18, a big party is thrown (technically) for the parents to introduce their daughter into the social society. But for the youth today, a good reason to suit up, shop, and party.

This year has also been tough, trials & challenges I faced, took their toll but I made it through. Making me a stronger person, able to face the stale reality of life. I learned a great deal, not just about myself,but also with the people around me and in so, having a more existential grasp over life.


09 was not without tragedies. The typhoons that ravaged the Philippine populace.. Homes were destroyed & lives taken. So much loss, pain was asunder. But like a phoenix rise upon the ashes, the Philippines united with clasped hands and helped in the relief effort for our countrymen. Then there was the death of the beloved president Cory Aquino. An inspiring leader, who in her time fought for democracy. The country once again united in mourning and feel for the Aquino family's lost and missed yearning for.. a mother's love.

The year was all about trials & challenges, what matters is not the outcome but how we handle 'em, ourselves & the climb. Everything happens for a reason, I believe that.. For what really important is that we emerge neither win nor lose, but that the lessons we learn afterward, and the experience, help us be a much better person.

2010 holds so much promise. But no matter how much we put ourselves into writing new year resolutions, it would all mean nothing if we wouldn't act ourselves upon 'em. A new year, a new start, a new you..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

maniniwala na sana ko kaya lang may phoenix rising to ashes pa e. haha, happy new year jonas

jonas guadalupe.. said...

LOL symbolically speaking dude.. haha.. Happy new year

Post a Comment