I'll run away with your footsteps, I'll build a city that dreams for two And if you lose yourself I will find you..
____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

empTy aparTmenT..


I remember the time when I'm always enthusiastic about redecorating my room. When I see a cool poster or picture to hang up, or thought of a new quote to engrave, or a new idea what to draw.. I always find the right spot in my room to place it.

But that was highschool. I always knew who I am and what I want back then.

At first I was pretty much like any normal guy who wouldn't care much for his room and never spent one minute longer inside other than to dress up. But one very boring day, I sat in my room.. and I had an epiphany: "I should make this room.. my room." So I ran to the hardware store, grabbed some paint and brushes.

Since then I always make it an agenda every month to redecorate.. Changed the furniture setting, Hung up new pictures, Draw some new stuff, and even change the paint job. By doing so, helps me remind myself who I am and how I live my life.

Now, as I attempt to redecorate. I removed all the furniture, sat in my bed and stare at the artistic emo walls. Inside that empty room, I have no idea what to do next. I couldn't even call it my room anymore. It became an apartment, an empty apartment.. For the past months that's what it has been.

I have lost sight of who I am and what I wanted.

Brush in hand, I strive to catch sight of that person once again.. Because once you lost yourself, you have two choices: Find the person you used to be, or lose that person completely.

Because sometimes, you have to step outside of the person you've been. And remember the person you were meant to be. The person you wanted to be.. The person you are.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"once you lost yourself, you have two choices: find the person you used to be, or lose that person completely."

yan, yan ung inaalala ko na lagi mong ginigiem dun sa blog ko pero di ko maalala. yun. wala lang.

jonas guadalupe.. said...

awesome. sakto..

Eline said...

awww.. nagattempt ka lang magpintura, naemo kana. T_T

Post a Comment